Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Shoddy workmanship and no business owner responsibility

Update:

Treasia has returned from a vacation where she didn't advise anyone or set her site up on auto respond but ironically or
conveniently? she appears back from said vacation within hours of my going public with my information. Coincidental? You decide.


Meanwhile her response was basically that it was my fault because I didn't pay $5 for a 'sample' first before ordering.


Well look at these pictures, this is a box from the first order I placed with her which came out okay.

Not great, but at least usable, note she did place card stock over the bottom to cover the A & B lines, etc.


So why would I assume that the second order would not have that???






Here are bottoms of the boxes from order one and order two.

Wouldn't you assume they'd have been the same?

But clearly aren't.






Her only response or defense was that somehow it was my fault because I hadn't paid her $5 to receive an actual sample of the work.


You can tell a HUGE difference in the box in the first order compared to the boxes below which are nothing but crap.


I believe the reason for the shoddy workmanship was real simple:


She was in a rush to go out on the road in her husbands truck (he's a trucker) and so she rushed through my second order to get it out as quickly as possible
and compromised the quality of the product not to mention tarnishing her own reputation and showing she has no pride in her work.


She has refused to admit she did shoddy work and accepts no responsibility for the quality or lack thereof in her product.

So, it'd appear I now have $60 worth of paper boxes I'll shred and use for my dogs poop box because all they're good for is my dog taking a crap on.








Original Information:


Shoddy workmanship and no response from Treasia Strepp of Southern Belle Invitations


As you can see from the pics below, the shoddy workmanship of the product that I commissioned Treasia to do for $60.

Sadly, Paypal will not refund monies since this technically is "product not as described" and unless you purchase via eBay, they have no
way to confirm if this is the quality it should be, so Treasia has my $60 and I've wasted a month waiting for boxes and have nothing but a box
full of useless crappy smeared misaligned boxes that look like something a second grader made.





Treasia's site is http://www.southernbelleinvitations.com/ (I refuse to make that link live since it'll help her so called business)


She has not responded to emails since 12/24, 12/27, 12/28 and posting on her ryze page as well as her myspace.

I can forward the emails sent to her if anyone wants confirmation, just email me for those.


This is a prime example of something I blogged about at http://naturallytara.blogspot.com/2007/12/why-do-people-leave-leave-their.html
where people leave and leave their business in limbo.


You make the determination from the pics below, is that the quality of product you'd expect or want from someone who says she does hand made invitations,
wedding invites, cards, etc.?


Not to mention no response to emails, guest book entries and comments left for her.

This certainly isn't how I run any of my businesses and can't believe that people actually think this is a professional way to run their business...
or perhaps it's more a hobby? than a business???



Here you can see the template markings on the bottom of the boxes,
it looks so second grade!







Here we have lines that are outta whack from her apparently enlarging a small clipart of a cupcake.





Here we have smear marks from using an ink jet printer and whacked lines from enlarging a clipart.






Here we have better look at whacked lines from enlarging a clipart.





Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger TAMmommy said...

Tara, I think you and I are from a different generation, when people actually took responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming someone else for something they, themselves did or did not do in this case.

I wish is wasn't, but between my business and my husband's, we have ran into so many people that just have no concept of the idea of taking responsiblity for thier own actions. Makes me wonder what kind of world we are becoming.

I hope this business takes note and steps up to the plate and takes responsibilty, but I won't hold my breath.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Funny thing though is the person who supplied these useless hideous boxes is either my age or a bit OLDER, least by her pictures I'm thinking she's older than me...who knows! LOL
Tara

4:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tara,
I also think this is a sign of how people that have a printer and a computer and think they have an online business.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Tara.

I do a lot of work with graphics and I used to have a cards / stationery business.

I am amazed at how anyone would actually ship something like this out and actually expect you to use it in your business.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I understand some of your recent posts.

There clearly is a difference in perceptions of quality. And in professionalism...

It's a shame your money was not refunded. You are not satisfied and reputable business owners would be more concerned about satisfied customers and not the instant gratification of a sale.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home