Thursday, December 20, 2007

Scare tactics by the court system

Well, this morning was the court date for the ticket that I blogged about posted as the trick question of the day:
http://naturallytara.blogspot.com/2007/11/trick-question-of-day.html

Today's court date is for the magistrate and court system to scare the crap outta you so you plead no contest and pay half fine and don't go back again..

Well skip that.. I want my day in court..

sooooo we're all sitting there, and magistrate tells people their options:

1)change your plea to no contest and have 60 days to pay fine, no points, no school, nothing and never go to court about that ticket again

OR

and these are her exact words

2) If you want to take a chance, you can set it for court where you can face $1500 court costs, hefty fine fees from citation, license suspension, 12 -16 hour driving school time or worse. So, make sure you really want to take that chance.


people started freaking out over that comment!!!

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm still sitting and waiting for them to call my name.... meanwhile all the peeps ahead of me were changing their plea...

"Tara Ann Burner"

okie dokie, that's me.....

"Do you wish to change your plea?"

me: "No, ma'am I wish to set this for court trial date thank you ma'am"


I'll leave out all the back/forth since I still do have to go to court appearance for this case and don't want to affect the outcome in any way... (hey you never know who reads this blog! LOL)


and out I walked happy as can be while others sat in there freaking out!!!
sorry but I'm not taking a plea and copping out....

but what BS tryin to scare people into taking a plea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sooooooooooooooo in about 6 weeks I should get court date notice

and then off to play in court!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home